Sunday, December 11, 2016

A Winter Wonder Land!


This is what I woke up to this morning!  We're expected to have snow falling throughout the day for a total of about 7."   It looks so pretty, and I'm so happy I don't have to travel anywhere--other than the grocery store.


After yesterday's post about the holiday slump I've found myself in, I forced myself to get some of the holiday things done. I brought up the socks and their hangers and put them up on the mantle. Wow!  That took all of 5 minutes!  But it's one thing done.  I made these socks many years ago when I first began quilting. There's one for each of the 5 members of the family, and in years past when the kids were still at home, they were filled to overflowing with gifts on Christmas morning.  Now they're hung as decoration and won't have any gifts in them.  I just like to see them hanging on the mantle.






After I read a few chapters of Some Luck, I sat down at the sewing machine and actually finished the quilting on Snow Happens.  Yea!!!  I had no further problems with the quilting and even got the binding sewn on and hand stitched as I watched television last night.  Today, it goes up for sale at Jolly Ruby, my Etsy shop.

After my trip to the grocery store, I think Don and I will work together to get the Christmas tree up and decorated.  Or I may work at getting the cards written and in the mail.  And if there's time, I'll begin cutting out the fabrics for the placemats my daughter is waiting for me to make up.

I also found this cute Christmas ornament and instructions online at Quilting Digest.  I think I'll try to make up several of these to give along with Christmas gifts this year. I try to give a homemade ornament every year to my family members.  Great way to use up scraps, don't you think?


It looks like I have a busy day staring at me, so I'd better get going.  First, stock up on groceries!

No comments:

Post a Comment