Saturday, December 3, 2016

All coin purses, all day

Yep. All I did yesterday was make coin purse key rings.  Got 15 more of them sewn and last night stitched snaps on 8 of them before my fingers were crying!  Also prepped the remaining 13 and they're ready to be stitched up today.  I think I'm going to make my goal of 43 ready by Tuesday night.

As soon as I finish the key chains, I have to whip up the yellow polka dot doll dress I promised my friend. I'd like to have both outfits ready for her when I see her at the party Tuesday night.

Next on the list of sewing tasks is to make a set of 4 placemats and napkins too if I have enough fabric. My youngest daughter, Jo, is in a Secret Santa at work and she drew the name of the executive director.  She picked out some fabric when she was home for Thanksgiving and I  need to find some coordinating fabrics and I'll be set to go on this project.  I've been looking for place mat patterns and can't find anything I like on the internet so I guess I'll have to create my own pattern. I have the idea in mind, just have to do the math to get all the pieces to fit together.

I managed to get a pic pf Clem sitting on Don's lap.  From the day he arrived at our house, Clem has been Don's cat, whether or not Don likes it.  This cat follows him all around the house and spends a lot of his time sitting on Don's lap like this.  Clem even runs to the door when Don's been gone and he hears the garage door opening--and he sits there, waiting for Don to come through the door,  just like a dog!  Don loves it!


Our Clem is between 10 and 12 years old and the vet said he's doing well.  We wonder how long he'll be with us--since he never goes outside, probably quite a few years yet. To be real honest, I love having the cat with us, but when he's gone, we'll likely not replace him. I've cared for animals for the past 30+ years--often more than three at a time in the house!--and I'm ready to let it go. When that time comes, you'll likely find me at the local animal shelter, petting the kitties. And that's okay.

That's it for today. Got to get going on those dang coin purses. What was I thinking when I started this!  Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment