Monday, February 20, 2017

Meeting the Solstice Challenge

Yesterday was simply amazing!  Sunny, warm temps, and a gentle breeze coming off the Gulf.  It doesn't get much better than that, except for the humidity. That's not my thing so yesterday I felt a little sweaty all day, but not enough to really complain.  I rely on cool showers and ceiling fans to help me through days of high humidity. While I enjoy spending this winter month here in the South, I doubt that I would be very comfortable here in the summer.  It's warm enough and humid enough in WI to suit me, thank you very much.

Don and I took a walk in the preserve--his first time there this winter--and found a couple of birds but not the Great Blue Heron I'd seen the day before.  He/she must have been off to another hunting ground, I guess, or maybe just shy.

I spent some time at the sewing machine and managed to complete 3 more Solstice blocks. As I've mentioned before, I'm making these blocks out of leftover Christmas fabrics with the same light background in each block.


The one below, I may take apart and reassemble. I don't like the stripe effect and may simply set the HSTs in rows.  We'll see.



I've had to skip over a couple of blocks since they require either applique or a fussy cut center. I have some fabrics with cardinals on it that I'd like to use in these blocks, so they'll have to wait until I get back home.  I've made 6 of the 9 blocks that have been released so far, so I guess I'm getting a bit caught up. If I can I may make the 9th one today or tomorrow, depending on when our guests arrive.

Today is a day for Don and I to do some exploring. We make a trip to the charming little town of Fairhope, AL, right on Mobile Bay, to do some sightseeing, window shopping, and to have lunch. So far today seems to be sunny and mild again, so it's a good day to get out of the house.  

No comments:

Post a Comment