Saturday, February 18, 2017

Triple Day!

Yes, I hit a triple yesterday in my quilting journey!  Three finishes in one day! Whoo Hoo! Here they are:

First up is the completed top Roll, Roll, Cotton Boll.  All borders attached and it's ready for sandwiching and quilting.  I love the aqua and neutral palette with the occasional bright touch in some of the neutrals.  This is definitely staying in my sun room.

 

After I finished with the piano key border on the above quilt, I decided to work on a third table quilt for my Etsy shop.  This one is gingerbread boys and girls and it's about 24 inches across and down, with slanted corners.  I like the red plaid that I used along with the brownish and red gingerbread print.  This will be in the shop come fall.


I didn't have to cook last night. There's a fish and seafood shop nearby and every year when we're down here, we order a shrimp boil for ourselves and friends.  Last night it was only Don and me and it wasn't as much fun as it is when we're surrounded by friends, but the food was just as tasty as I remember.  

I mention this because I had extra time after dinner to work on my embroidery.  I immediately commenced stitching the moose's cute little derriere and got the block finished. Yea!  The last of the 6" blocks!  Now I have the 4 rectangular blocks which are much easier and don't have any of the tiny stitching that some of the 6" blocks have in the background trees.  I'm so glad I managed to get all that done--this is going to be a great little wall hanging and I have the perfect spot for it in my house.



Today calls for grocery shopping and laundry.  I have another UFO that I could take out and work on but I think not.  I only have a few sewing days left before I pack it all up while our guests are here in the middle of the week and then it'll be time for us to go home.  Instead, I'll spend the next couple of days making up some of the Solstice Challenge blocks and see if I can get a little caught up on that project.

I follow Sarah's blog at "Confessions of a Fabric Addict" and today I read about the 2017 Hands2Help charity project that she sponsors every year.  You can read about it here.  I've heard about this in previous years but have not joined but this year I think I will. One of the charities is International Institute St. Louis, an agency which helps immigrants, many of them fleeing wars and chaos, to get settled in the US. All three charities this year, as always, are very worthwhile, but this one hits home with me as a daughter of immigrants. As I was reading about the project, I was already thinking of the stack of large 9 patch blocks I'd made many years ago as a way to use up scraps, and how to use them in a couple of twin sized quilts which is what the Institute is needing. I'll be commenting on this as I get into it.

Okay, I have to make up a shopping list and get going here.  Have a great Saturday!





No comments:

Post a Comment