Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Nothing earth shattering to report today.  My plan was to get the final border on Allietare and call it a finished top. Well, you know what they say about the best laid plans.

Image result for cartoons best laid plans

We made our trip to the grocery store and stocked up on the necessities of life--meaning food.  After it was all put away and we'd had lunch, Don went out for his walk and I took out the black fabric I intended to use for the border.  The pattern calls for 9 5" strips cut WOF.  That would be 45 inches of fabric, right?  So, I blithely began cutting strips and as I cut the second one, I took a look at the amount of fabric I had.  Not 45" by a long shot. I have to admit it--I have serious arithmetic challenges. In my mind, I was thinking that 9 5" strips would be 20" total, not 45". It didn't take too long for me to realize that I should stop cutting strips and move on to Plan B.

That meant a trip to the LQS, which happens to be about a mile or so from the grocery store where I was just a short while before.  Aaaarrrgggghhhh!  That meant another 25+ mile trip into town and back.  And this shop is quite small without much selection, but what should I do?  The only other shop I know of is 50 miles away--each way--in Pensacola, FL.  Fortunately, I was able to find a black that I think will work for the final border and today, I swear, I'll get that border cut and stitched on!  

While at the LQS, I realized that they were packing up to vend at a quilt show and I found out that there will be one this weekend at a nearby town.  After I returned home, I called my friend from MO who's also spending time here on the Gulf and she was all set to go to the show on Saturday.  So, I have a new plan to spend the day with this lovely woman and take in what looks to be a fabulous show.  I'm happy. And ready to get that border done!

No comments:

Post a Comment