Friday, September 30, 2016

I have a clean house!

My attitude exactly!

Image result for images of women doing housework

Yes, I finally have a clean house. Well, almost. There are two rooms that need some attention but the main areas of the house are finally cleaned up after a summer of spending time with Lily instead of the dust cloth, and an autumn of quilting instead of vacuuming. But now I can relax and enjoy being in a clean and neat home.  Between you and me, I absolutely HATE doing housework!  And I absolutely LOVE having a clean house.  So it's quite a dilemma at times.  The solution would be to hire a housekeeper but then I'd have to clean the house before she/he arrived!  So I don't think that would really solve the problem. 

Actually, I have made a housework schedule for myself which involves cleaning one or two rooms for an hour or so every morning and if I stuck to the schedule, I'd never get overwhelmed as I have been recently. The problem is self-discipline. I actually have a lot of self-discipline as evident by spending hours making half square triangles or flying geese units.  ;0)  But where is that self-discipline when it comes to picking up the broom and sweeping?  Ah, human beings are so interesting!

Yesterday, after finishing the mopping, I spent some time in the sewing room and managed to make half of a dress.  Just the bodice and I was able to begin with the skirt before it was time to get ready for the meeting of the Festival committee.  BTW, the meeting went very well--all the plans have been made and executed. Now we just have to get people to sign up for the various events that we're offering. My husband, who used to coordinated running races, says they'll be coming in closer to the actual date.

Last night after the meeting, I sewed together 3 of the doll sweaters that I'd finished knitting, shown here. Today, I'll sew on their buttons and work on making their coordinating dresses.  



This is what I woke up to this morning. Fog. Beautiful, hazy fog.

Image result for images of fog

  I immediately thought of Carl Sandburg's poem:  

The fog comes 
on little cat feet. 

It sits looking 
over harbor and city 
on silent haunches 
and then moves on.

By now, the fog has moved on and we're going to have a beautiful sunny day. Maybe I'll take some time to begin planting my spring bulbs. In between sewing doll dresses.








No comments:

Post a Comment