Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Almost a finish!

Yessss!  I made so much progress on those 2 pumpkin table runners yesterday!  I finished up all the stitching in the ditches of both pieces and then began stippling in the cream colored background.  I'd toyed with the idea of stitching some pumpkins in the "negative" spaces but decided I didn't want to spend the time practicing and besides, each table runner already has 5 pumpkins.  Did I really want to add 5 more?  Pumpkin overload, I'm afraid.

So here's the picture of the first one, all quilted up but not yet trimmed.


I decided to do a simple curved line along the center of the checkerboard border. Initially, I'd considered doing a curved line on each side of each square but when it came time to do that, I realized that the border would be more intensely quilted than the center (those squares are only an inch finished)  and I didn't think that would work too well.  So, KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid Silly).


This morning I was wide awake at 4 AM and thinking about quilting and sewing. I got up around 4:30 and went to work on the second table runner. The quilting on that one, too, is finished, and I got the bindings sewn on both of them.  I plan on doing the hand stitching today while I continue my "Longmire" marathon.  Yes, I know that season 5 has been released, but I decided I needed to see the previous 4 seasons first so I would remember what they'd been about.  I think I'm in season 3 now, so I have a ways to go.  

I have a little work to do on the Festival and that's always a pleasure.  We're beginning to get registrations for the various events and that's a good thing. After all, what good is it to plan a 3 day festival if no one shows up?  I'm off to get my day's tasks done so I can go to the movies tonight. Don and I went to see "The Girl on the Train" which I'd already read, and it was really good--for the first hour.  Then Don began getting one of his cluster headaches and we had to hightail it back home so he could get the O2 going.  But the first hour was good enough that I'm going back. Don will have to wait until his headaches are gone and we'll get it from a Red box or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment