Friday, October 14, 2016

W(h)ining allowed here




Yesterday in the sewing room, it was all about wine.  No whining, just wine.

I made 2 sets of these fabric wine coasters from Pokey's Ponderings.  



I made mine a bit different since I'd purchased a large amount of this purple-ish grape patterned fabric.


I used the grape fabric for 3 of the sections of each coaster and made the fourth section of a different color.  That way, they will serve as glass identifiers as well as coasters.  


I really like these coasters except for one thing.  In order to get the coaster on the bottom of the wine glass, you have to tip the glass a bit, so a person has to either make sure they put the coaster on before they fill the glass with wine, or drink all the wine in the glass before putting on the coaster.  And not get tipsy in the process!

My plan is to use the rest of the grapey fabric to make a couple of wine bottle totes.  I found this digital pattern at Craftsy.com and it's printing out as I speak type.  

Looking for your next project? You're going to love No Bias Tape Simple Wine Tote by designer Pattern Play. - via @Craftsy:

I like the handle better than a drawstring and I think this will work just fine.If there's enough of the grapey fabric left, I may be able to make a fourth set of coasters and/or another tote.  If there's not enough, I'm planning on using other fabrics I have on hand--maybe a set made of holiday fabrics and maybe just some fun fabrics I have on hand.

Then, I want to kit up some Christmas package blocks to take with me tomorrow to the craft workshop.  I want to make up a couple more potholders of different Christmas fabrics and maybe some autumn themed fabrics as well.  And with luck, I'll be able to make up a couple of table runners to sell either in my Jolly Ruby shop or at the guild sale in November.  Either way, these blocks are very quick and easy to make, and I think they look great!

I got a great night's sleep and woke up early, "rarin' to go" as my mother would have said. I have the last load of laundry in the washer with two loads hanging out on the clothes line.  I like to hang sheets, towels and heavy things like jeans and sweatshirts outside to dry if at all possible.  Today is predicted to be a partly sunny day with no rain so I think they'll all get dry before nightfall.  I have a couple of errands to run today and then it's into the sewing room to get somethings stitched up!







No comments:

Post a Comment