Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Still working on pumpkins

Yesterday was a bust.  I made a trip to the post office only to find it locked.  I got my groceries and got a head start on dinner, so that was fine.  In the afternoon, it was so nice out that I spent some time outside and got all the irises planted. After lunch, I picked up my book and then I was lost!

Image result for skeletons at the feast

I'm reading a novel, Skeletons at the Feast, by Chris Bohjalian, one of my favorite authors and when I pick it up, it's nearly impossible to put it down.  So instead of quilting up the pumpkin table runners as planned, I read my book.  I'm about 50 pages to the end and I'm loving this story so much that I decided to go back to the beginning and read it again rather than finishing it just yet. It probably sounds silly but I do this Netflix series sometimes. If it's a series that I'm really enjoying, and there are only a few episodes left, I'll return to the beginning again just so I'll enjoy the show a bit more before it ends.

Before I knew it, it was time to fix dinner and get ready for an evening meeting.  So that was my quite unproductive day.  I have hopes that today will make up for it.  There are only 2 things on my list today--get to the post office, and QUILT UP THE PUMPKINS!  And I'm going to get moving on them now!

No comments:

Post a Comment