Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Bringing you up to date with my life

Hello, everyone.  I realize it's been a few days since I last posted, but believe me, I've been a little busy!

A 3 day weekend with kids and grandkids--that'll do it!  But throw in a party day with assorted relatives coming and going to say goodbye to Dan before he makes the big move to Washington.  It was a lot of work, entertaining all these people for all those days, and on Monday afternoon, when the house was cleared out of visitors, I simply didn't have any energy for anything other than playing games on the computer.  Yes, I'll come clean.  I am addicted to computer solitaire and usually spend half an hour (or more!) playing every day, but on Monday, it kinda took over my brain and I was unable to get out of the computer game trap. Just one more hand!

By Tuesday morning, I was pretty much back to normal and I was able to run the errands that needed to be done, and I made it into the sewing room for a couple of hours.  I took the brown borders off the wall quilt for my customer, shown here:

and put on the 1" white stop border before reattaching the brown outer borders.  I think it looks much better with the white, so I proceeded to sandwich it and begin the quilting. By the time I had to quit yesterday, I had all the ditch stitching done, had FMQ around each of the 5 flower blocks and had quilted up several of the colored strips.  I don't think I'll get any more done on this project until I return from Washington.

After dinner, Pat and Karen from the guild came over and we sorted out the library show quilts and got the calendar set for when we'll change out the quilts and who will be doing what as far as the exhibit goes.  As usually happens, we got everything set and late last night, I got an email from the one person who signed up to have a quilt in the show but never responded to my emails asking her to bring it in.  She said she has it ready but can't get it to me before I leave!  WTF!  She's known about this deadline for at least a month!  Her procrastination has thrown a wrench into our plans for the show and now we have to reorganize.  Grrrr!  But, "bear" with me.  (LOL) I simply responded that she'll have to get it to either Karen or Pat since I'll be gone.  So she can make the arrangements and take care of it.

Image result for cartoon images of road trip

Tomorrow I leave for my road trip with my favorite (and only) son, Dan. Right now, I'm sure he's packing up his car and he should arrive here sometime around dinner time, I think.  We'll be leaving early tomorrow morning, and hope to have crossed into Montana by the time we stop for the night. Today, I have laundry already started, baking to do--homemade cookies are a necessity on a cross country road trip, don't you think?--errands to run, and an easy dinner to make up.  I've already got my "busy bag" ready to go--embroidery and knitting--and packing my overnight bag will be easy, just jeans and a couple of shirts, plus undies and so forth.  I already downloaded a half dozen audio books for us to listen to as we cross the plains.  Whoo Hoo!  I can't wait to get going!  

No comments:

Post a Comment